Join the conversation as The Greater IBM Connection (#GreaterIBM) and People for a Smarter Planet (#P4SPChat) host a Tweet Chat on the topic of Cognitive Computing on Thursday October 31, 2013 from 12pm-1pm ET.
Our panelists for the Tweet Chat will be Steve Hamm and Dr. Dharmendra Modha.
Steve Hamm, IBM Communications Strategist, has co-authored a new book, Smart Machines: IBM’s Watson and the Era of Cognitive Systems with IBM Research Director John E. Kelly III. It’s the second book that Steve has co-authored at IBM; the first was IBM’s Centennial book, called Making the World Work Better. Prior to joining IBM in 2009, Steve worked in journalism for 30 years, as a technology writer and editor at San Jose Mercury News, PC Week, and BusinessWeek. He also wrote two additional books, Bangalore Tiger (2006), on the rise of the Indian tech industry, and The Race for Perfect (2008), on innovation in mobile computing. Learn more about Steve.
Dr. Dharmendra Modha is the founder of IBM’s Cognitive Computing group at IBM Research – Almaden and the principal investigator for DARPA SyNAPSE team globally. In this role, Dr. Modha leads a global team across neuroscience, nanoscience and supercomputing to build a computing system that emulate the brain’s abilities for perception, action, and cognition – all while consuming many orders of magnitudes less power and space than today’s computers. Learn more about Dr. Dharmendra Modha.
So, please join the #GreaterIBM and People for a Smarter Planet (#P4SPChat) Tweet Chat on 10/31/13 from 12pm – 1pm ET as we discuss “Where Will Smarter Machines Take Us?”. You can join at twubs.com/P4SPchat
WHERE WILL SMART MACHINES TAKE US questions:
- Q1: What’s new and different about cognitive computers?
- Q2: What are some of the major applications and benefits of cognitive computing?
- Q3: Can computing systems emulate a living brain’s computing efficiency & power usage?
- Q4: Can computing systems emulate a living brain’s intuition and creativity?
- Q5: How will cognitive computers and humans collaborate together?
#GreaterIBM Tweet Chat with IBM People for a Smarter Planet (#P4SPChat)
The Greater IBM Connection is IBM’s global business and professional network that brings together current and former IBMers around the world. As the evolving technology industry increasingly calls for relationship led sales, marketing, branding, and recruiting, The Greater IBM Connection provides a tremendous opportunity to stay connected and engaged with market influencers. We hope you join and contribute today!
Are you interested in talking about building a Smarter Planet? Join us and discuss how businesses, governments and entire industries are adopting technologies to become efficient and effective. Follow the hashtag #P4SPchat. Tweet Chats are held on an adhoc basis, as scheduled.
- Storify Recap of the Oct 31 Tweet Chat
- #P4SPChat Preview of the Oct 31 Tweet Chat
- How To Tweet Chat
- 6 Reasons Why Tweet Chats Are Good for B2B
- Schedule of IBM Tweet Chats
- Where Will Smart Computers Take Us? Sneak Preview of IBMers’ New Book
- Interview with Steve Hamm, Co-Author of Book on Cognitive Computing
- Dr. Dharmendra Modha – Building IBM’s Brain in a Box
– Posted by Julie Yamamoto, Program Manager The Greater IBM Connection