The African continent accounts for 14 percent of the world’s population and is one of the fastest growing economies in the world. With a growth rate expected to average 7 percent annually over the next 20 years, Africa is poised to become a leading source of innovation in a variety of industries. With this growth comes many challenges spanning traffic congestion to the delivery of fresh water.
If you have what it takes to help solve these grand challenges, the IBM Recruiting team invites professors, scientists and qualified university students to participate in a Research Virtual Recruiting Event for several open positions at our new lab in Nairobi, Kenya. The event will take place on 5 December and you can participate in several ways.
For details visit:
- Twitter Thanks to IBM from President of Kenya (Honorable Uhuru Kenyatta)
- IBM Research Africa
- IBM in Africa: ‘We intend to grow rapidly’ (Greater IBM, Aug 2013)
- Africa: The Next Frontier for IBM Research Innovation (By IBM Research Scientist, Aug 2012)
- IBM Expands Across Africa (IBM Press Kit)
- IBM Research Opens in Nairobi, Kenya (IBM)
- Innovation for a Continent – IBM Research Africa Opens (IBM Smarter Planet, Nov 2013)
– Posted by Julie Yamamoto, Program Manager, The Greater IBM Connection via Chris Sciacca, IBM Research Communications