Welcome to the Greater IBM Connections e-newsletter! We know that Greater IBMers, whether you worked for IBM in the past (or currently work at IBM) feel a connection to IBM that continues even if you’ve changed jobs or retired. This newsletter will help you keep up with the latest cutting-edge IBM innovations and industry trends, as well as stay in touch with your colleagues and friends. Have a suggestion or story idea? Feel free to send us as a comment to this post (be sure to include your email address, so we can reach you).
In this issue:
- Featured Highlights
- What’s The Buzz for the Month
- IBM Alumni Stories + Tell Us Your Story
- Join the Conversation
Feb 6 Tweet Chat: Don’t miss our upcoming Tweet Chat on Feb 6 from 11am-12pm ET with Dr. Dario de Judicibus, Fashion Industry Leader for IBM Europe, and Scott Duby, IBM Global Retail Solutions Lead. Bookmark this link and save the date!
- #GreaterIBM Tweet Chat Preview: Augmented Reality to Engage the Connected Consumer (#P4SPChat): http://wp.me/p2kcos-4yi
- How To Tweet Chat (Tutorial) – http://wp.me/p2kcos-2QZ
IBM News Roundup: There were several major announcements in January about Watson, Cloud, Big Data and more. Two major IBM studies as well as 2013 4Q and full year earnings were released. Also, IBM Connect was held in late January, and February is bringing IBM’s first Entrepreneur Week (Feb 3-7) and dev@Pulse (Feb 24-25). Here’s a roundup of the major IBM news, events, and study releases for Jan-Feb, in case you missed them – http://wp.me/p2kcos-4BS
IBM Alumni – Are You on Twitter?: We have started a Twitter list for IBM Alumni here (http://bit.ly/1kCTwhT). If you are an IBM Alumni and would like to be added to this list, please reply to this post with your Twitter ID–> http://linkd.in/1fneP6K ——————————————————-
What have you been reading and talking about recently? Here’s your chance to catch up on the five most popular posts published in January on The Greater IBM Connection blog. Thanks for visiting and for your comments on the blog.
You can also check out the Top Five Posts across our other social channels here –> http://wp.me/p2kcos-4Ev
- IBM Infographic Cartoon: So Your Parent is an IBMer (Survival Guide for Kids)
- (Replay) IBM Launches New Watson Group in Silicon Alley
- IBM Connect 2014 – Energizing Life’s Work
- What Does IBM Watson Look Like? Generated Art Face the Wave of the Future?
- How Many Times Should You Try Before Success? (Infographic) – No 1 Top Tweet
IBM Alumni Stories + Tell Us Your Story
Our alumni story for January is about Big Data Expert, Gretchen Gottlich, also a former NASA Researcher who had the opportunity to meet Benoit Mandelbrot (the Father of Fractal Geometry) in person. Check out her story and others at the links below!
- IBM Alumni: Big Data Expert Gretchen Gottlich on Meeting Mandelbrot & other Tech Career Wins: http://wp.me/p2kcos-4ss
- IBM Alumni Stories on the Blog: http://bit.ly/1eDc26J
We will be featuring IBM Alumni stories in the coming months, so please share your story with us in the LinkedIn discussion thread below, and we’ll be following up with the ones that seem the most interesting to our community for a further interview:
- IBM Alumni, tell us your story here: http://linkd.in/1dEFtcT
Stay connected with The Greater IBM Connection by:
- Joining the The Greater IBM Connection LinkedIn Group
- Liking The Greater IBM Connection on Facebook
- Following @Greater_IBM on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Greater_IBM
- Following the The Greater IBM Connection blog
- Bookmarking the The Greater IBM Connection portal
– By Julie Yamamoto, Program Manager, The Greater IBM Connection