In this issue:
- IBM Retirees, Watch your Mailbox for Annual Enrollment Packet Soon
- The ESC Key – Did You Know an IBMer Made That?
- Women at IBM in the News
- Join the Conversation!
IBM Retirees, Watch Your Mailbox for Annual Enrollment Packet Soon
IBM retirees, the annual enrollment period for 2013 is about to begin. This year, the enrollment period begins October 25 and runs until November 16.
IBM is committed to providing high-value retiree benefits, and continues to offer a wide variety of plan options tailored to your needs. To read more about the available benefit plan options, learn about the advantages of each, and see why many IBM retirees and their Medicare eligible dependents have enrolled in the RHA program, click here.
The ESC Key – Did You Know an IBMer Made That?
It undoubtedly helped drive the computer revolution of the 1970s and ‘80s. “It says to the computer: ‘Stop what you’re doing. I need to take control.’ ”
In other words, it reminds the machine that it has a human master. It’s the Escape key, and it was created by an IBMer.
Read more about the invention and the late Mr. Bob Bremer.
Women at IBM in the News
In case you overlooked the following stories, here are three blog posts that feature one thing in common: the amazing women associated with IBM. Three not to miss:
- Working Mother Magazine Ranks IBM in the Top 10 of the 100 Best Companies
- In Campus Recruitment, IBM India Hires More Women than Men for IT:
- And some timely career advice from Greater IBMer, engineer and author Renee Weisman, who wrote Winning in a Man’s World: Advice for Women Who Want to Succeed and the Men Who Work With Them. Here she shares some career help that’s especially relevant to many women: Hate to Brag? How to Self Promote to Advance Your Career.
Join the conversation! Don’t forget to: