International Women’s Day is this week: March 8, 2013.
To coincide with this global event, 18 IBMers – of all ages, cultures, and stages of their careers – are talking about IBM values, corporate social responsibility, job opportunities, and flexibility. In these videos, they’re sharing why they love being part of a company that makes the world a better place, with its enduring commitment to diversity (including diversity of thought), and its rigorous focus on innovation.
Check out the video below from IBM Australia:
In this video from IBM Diversity, Sylvie speaks of the opportunities and amenities provided in her time with IBM to promote family and professional achievements. She also shares her insight on how leadership is demonstrated differently when it comes to gender, and says, “Women tend to collaborate more, which can be the signature of a strong leader.”
Some of the events IBM has or will be participating in for 2013 for International Women’s Day:
- March 3 – Celebrating International Women’s Day at IBM Australia
- March 7 – IBM UK Vice President, Sharon Bagshaw will be speaking at the “Women Shaping the Future of IT Wales” event.
- March 8 – IBM Australia Skills Strategy Lead, Lisa Poulton, will be a guest speaker at a networking breakfast for the ICT for Women in Victoria Special Interest Group
IBM has also had a long history of supporting and participating in this notable worldwide event. Here’s a few of the past stories and events:
- 2009 – IBM China Global Delivery celebrates IWD
- 2010 – IBM Vice President, Natalia Ruderman participates in Mexico panel on empowering Latin America women
- 2011 – IBM UK Government Affairs Director, Sarah Williams-Gardener was a guest lecturer at the Imperial Business College on the topic of ‘The responsibility of women in technology innovation: Why should we care?’
- 2011, IBM Austria and IBM Switzerland senior country managers Isabelle Welton and Tatjana Oppitz shared their insights on female leaders in the IT business in honor of International Women’s Day in this video. They talk about mentoring and how every woman should dare to go for it!
- 2012, IBM and VHTO (Dutch national expert organization on women and technology) host a conference for girls and women in Information and Communication technology
Greater IBM: How do you plan to celebrate International Women’s Day?
- IBM Diversity
- (Global) Women@IBM on Facebook
- (LinkedIn) Women in Leadership Executive Forum
- (LinkedIn) Diversity Recruiting at IBM
- (LinkedIn) IBM: Women’s IBM Network Group (WING)
- (LinkedIn) IBM Women Middle East & Africa
- (LinkedIn) IBM Women in CEE, Russia, and CIS
- (LinkedIn) IBM Women in Latin America
- (LinkedIn) Women at IBM India
- (LinkedIn) IBM Women in Technology Spain
- (LinkedIn) IBM Women in Technology Italy
- (LinkedIn) IBM Women in China
- (LinkedIn) Advancement of Women in China_IBM GCG
–Posted by Julie Yamamoto, Program Manager, The Greater IBM Connection