by Natasha Pillay-Bemath
In this issue:
- IBM South Africa
- SALT – South African Leadership Team
- Recruiting Team Looking for Candidates
IBM South Africa
IBM South Africa, operating since 2008, is a significant contributor to IBM’s MEA (Middle East & Africa) Region. 2012 saw the appointment of Abraham Thomas as Country General Manager. Mr. Thomas has brought with him not only decades of IBM experience, but also an infectious and powerful positive energy that has swept through Team IBM SA.
The team is determined to achieve its 2015 goals to be a stellar contributor for IBM. The African market is a major focus of IBM’s, and South Africa has the potential to be at the forefront of this next IBM venture.
- Develop and grow our people
- Bring value to our South African clients
- Build a robust partner ecosystem
On the first priority – to develop and grow our people – we’ve done considerable work in a short time. Events such as Family Day and Heritage Day celebrations have helped to create and develop team bonds and team spirit:
SALT – South African Leadership Team
SALT – the South African Leadership Team – was launched in mid-August 2012. Initiated by Mr. Thomas, its goal is to gear IBM South Africa for growth through the deliberate development of the Company’s leadership capabilities.
The initial sixty members of SALT were selected from across South Africa to grow their business acumen, actively team with colleagues, and ultimately help lead IBM South Africa to realize our Company and revenue goals. Candidates will graduate next year from this 12-month program, and then a new set of people will be chosen.
Recruiting Team Looking for Candidates
The Recruitment team in South Africa has a significant role to play in IBM South Africa’s growth and success. Our mandate is to proactively seek out South Africans, specifically previously disadvantaged individuals, and to secure them as IBMers. Team members include:
- Busi Masango – Recruitment Partner for SWG, S&D, Sectors
- Darryl Devar – Recruitment Partner for STG & GTS
- Gavin Wood – Recruitment Partner for GBS
- Natasha Pillay-Bemath – Recruitment Leader South Africa
The team has been actively hunting for candidates who have shown:
- A track record of top performance.
- The IBM Values and competencies.
- A deep, sincere passion to contribute to the South African success story. This is critical.
You can find our recruiting team on The Greater IBM Connection on LinkedIn. Please connect with them if you feel you can be a part of our success story. And feel free to refer other South Africans that you believe can contribute the same.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Greetings from South Africa,
The Recruitment Team, South Africa