Welcome to the Greater IBM Connections e-newsletter! We know that Greater IBMers, whether you worked for IBM in the past (or currently work at IBM) feel a connection to IBM that continues even if you’ve changed jobs or retired. This newsletter will help you keep up with the latest cutting-edge IBM innovations and industry trends, as well as stay in touch with your colleagues and friends. Have a suggestion or story idea? Feel free to send us as a comment to this post (be sure to include your email address, so we can reach you).
In this issue:
- October Highlights
- Best of Blog Roundup: Top 5 for October
- IBM Alumni, Tell Us Your Story
- Join the Conversation
Oct 31 Tweet Chat: Were you able to join the Greater IBM and IBM Smarter Planet Cognitive Computing Tweet Chat on October 31 with guest experts Steve Hamm, co-author of Smart Machines and Dr. Dharmendra Modha, founder of IBM’s Cognitive Computing group at IBM Research? If not, be sure to catch the chat recap below and stay tuned for our next Tweet Chat on Big Data and Analytics.
- #P4SPChat Recap: Cognitive Computing – http://bit.ly/Hvs0q8
- How To Tweet Chat (Tutorial) – http://wp.me/p2kcos-2QZ
IBM News Roundup: There were four major IBM studies released in October (C-Suite, Security, Cloud, and Analytics), President Obama visited IBM’s P-Tech school in New York, and 3Q Earnings were released. Also the Information On Demand conference in Las Vegas is this week (Nov 3-7). Here’s a roundup of the major IBM news, events, and study releases from October, in case you missed them – http://wp.me/p2kcos-30y
What have you been reading and talking about recently? Here’s your chance to catch up on the five most popular posts published in October on The Greater IBM Connection blog. Thanks for visiting and for your comments on the blog.
- IBM CEO Ginni Rometty Shares Her Approach To Innovation
- 5 Ways To Become an IBM Champion
- How To Tweet Chat
- The Origins of Cloud Computing – from the 1920s
- 3 Things You Never Knew About IBM Creativity – Games, Art, and Music
IBM Alumni, Tell Us Your Story
You may have heard of one or two famous IBM alumni who have gone on to be CEOs or executives of major global brands and achieved some amazing things. How about you? Do you have a career story or achievement that you think would inspire others? We know that IBM alumni often go on to achieve many great things in their career, and we’d like to hear your story. Please tell us what post-IBM achievement you are most proud of in your career, and how what you learned at IBM has helped you. We’d like to feature some IBM Alumni in the coming months, so please share your story with us in the LinkedIn discussion thread below. We’ve also included a few examples of stories we’ve run on alumni in the past to help get you started.
- IBM Alumni, tell us your story here: http://linkd.in/1dEFtcT
- (Example 1) Greater IBMer Renee Weisman: Turning an Informal Talent into a New Career: http://wp.me/p2kcos-eP
- (Example 2) Greater IBMer Jolene McKenna – Triumph over Trials: http://wp.me/p2kcos-7s
- (Example 3) Need a Career Pivot? Read Greater IBMer Marc Miller’s New Book: http://wp.me/p2kcos-Rw
Stay connected with The Greater IBM Connection by:
- Joining the The Greater IBM Connection LinkedIn Group
- Liking The Greater IBM Connection on Facebook
- Following @Greater_IBM on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Greater_IBM
- Following the The Greater IBM Connection blog
- Bookmarking the The Greater IBM Connection portal
- Posted by Julie Yamamoto