Are you a doer, thinker, problem solver, creator or dreamer? Help your city get smarter.
IBM is helping cities around the world use the vast amount of data, analytics, and information already available to fuel more effective solution ideas from citizens. In turn, they are helping their city leaders transform their communities.
IBM’s new global People for Smarter Cities site is a place where residents can conduct meaningful online conversations and contribute original ideas about how to make their cities work smarter.
One idea that’s been contributed from Paris, France is for interactive trash bins that encourage Metro passengers to recycle their subway tickets instead of throwing them on the floor. A little imagination and fun is helping keep the station clean.
- UK User Idea – Sustainable Furniture (YouTube video)
- Netherlands User Idea – Commuter Safe Way Home App (YouTube video)
- Paris, France User Idea – Bicycle Phone Charger (YouTube video)
- Engaging People for Smarter Cities, Starting with Waterfront Toronto (IBM, Sept 2013)
- IBM and Smarter Cities – also on Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and Blog
- IBM Smarter Cities Challenge
- Posted by Julie Yamamoto, Program Manager The Greater IBM Connection